Exhumation is the reopening and reburial of a person.
Exhumation of the body from the place of burial is done for primary or secondary examination to establish the cause of death of the deceased, as well as to confirm the identity of the deceased or to reburial in another place.
The reburial procedure shall be proceeded only after the permission of the relevant authorities. In order to carry out a person's reburial, all necessary documents must be collected:
- passport of a relative responsible for reburial
- permission from the cemetery administration to recover the remains
- documents confirming the grave for reburial
- a stamped death certificate for the exhumed.
- documents establishing relationship to the exhumed
Graale funeral home is ready to carry out all tasks for the preparation and reburial of the deceased from anywhere in the world.
It is important to know that the exhumation can be done one year after the burial.
There are three types of exhumation:
- Random & ndash; during construction or excavation.
- Legitimate – with permission from the relevant authorities for the autopsy of the burial site.
- Criminal – for the purpose of profiteering or abusing the body of the deceased, and to claim money for the return of the body of the buried.
CALL US – WE CAN DEFINITELY HELP YOU!
+38 (067) 500-40-44
Exhumation of the deceased
Legal reasons for exhumation:
- the need for a second forensic examination or if there is strong evidence of an incorrect diagnosis
- if new circumstances emerged and it turned out that the death wasn't accidental
- the applicant is a single relative and has not previously been to a burial. In this case, the remains will be removed for identification
- performing an initial autopsy, or performing a secondary autopsy to verify newly discovered circumstances of the deceased's death
- it was impossible to cremate the body before, and the relatives decided to do it now
- if there are substantial grounds for removing from the grave of the deceased objects previously buried with him
- if the deceased is moved from one place to another
- execution of the will of the deceased and burial in the chosen place
EXHUMATION (REBURIAL) OF THE BODY FROM ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD. ASSISTANCE IN PREPARING DOCUMENTS FOR THE OPENING AND REBURIAL OF A RELATIVE'S BODY
Body exhumation is allowed after one year
Exhumation of the human — it is a very heavy procedure that requires a lot of moral and physical effort. After approval of all the requested authorities for reburial, representatives of forensic medicine, law enforcement agencies and a person from the authorities are sent to the burial site. They are also to be accompanied by medics in case somebody feels unwell during the recovery of the deceased. The exhumation is carried out carefully in order not to destroy or break something.
The identification procedure is always conducted so that relatives can confirm that this is indeed the person to be removed. The cost of the exhumation is calculated by the ritual agency depending on the circumstances. All the exhumation is filmed or photographed, then shown to specialists to confirm the accuracy of the procedure, removal of remains. A protocol is also prepared, in which this procedure is described in detail. After the end of the exhumation, the remains are sent for cremation to the crematorium, for primary or secondary forensic examination, or to a second burial site.