Death by COVID-19: basic rules, action algorithm, state aid
COVID-19 is an infectious disease caused by the coronavirus SARS-CoV-2, which is a respiratory pathogen. Due to the fact that there are many hypotheses about the virus, questions arise: "how to bury the deceased from Covid-19?", "who will help at death from Covid-19?", "how to organize a funeral for the deceased from coronavirus?".
In connection with the increase in the incidence of this virus, the Ministry of Health of Ukraine has approved a bill that contains the basic rules for burying the dead from COVID-19.
From the information in this document:
- The Ukrainian Ministry of Health does not require only cremation of the bodies of those who died from coronavirus;
- In this case, the burial or cremation should be in a tightly closed coffin, in an additional sealed package;
- Relatives and those attending the funeral are not allowed to kiss the body of the deceased;
- No more than 10 people can attend the ritual;
- Those attending the funeral must observe a safe distance of 1.5 meters;
- The body before the funeral must be treated with a disinfectant solution and placed in a special hermetic bag.
Also, the Chief Sanitary Doctor Viktor Lyashko appealed to observe the mask mode, distance, use antiseptics and gloves.
Capital authorities promised to compensate for the cost of funerals of the dead from the coronavirus citizens.
Deputy Head of the Kyiv City State Administration Petr Panteleev said that the city would bear the cost of transportation and cremation of the citizens who died from the Covid-19. This service will be provided to those who apply for help. This service is provided by the communal enterprise "Spetskombinat - Ritual Service" (address - the former street. Vorovskogo, now Bulvarno-Kudryavskaya).
What documents should I provide for the funeral of a Covid-19 deceased?
- The first and main document is the cause of death document, which is issued by the family doctor or the hospital where the person died.
- The death certificate must be obtained in the organs of the record of acts of civil status. During the procedure, the Ukrainian passport is confiscated, and the death certificate is issued instead.
- If it is a court case, you need to get permission from the prosecutor's office. This is mandatory if the age of the deceased is under 60 years and the death is sudden.